John Packer JP042V Tenor Saxophone
There are many features on the JP042 that are present on more professional models, a fully ribbed construction and double spine on B & C keys provides additional strength.
An underslung octave mechanism also improves instrument reliability whilst blue steel springs are rust resistant with better tension memory.
Italian leather pads create a great seal that translates into a fuller sound that is more responsive which lasts longer than conventional pads.
Resonator pads also improves projection and gives the tone more depth. The instrument also features High F# and Front F keys and a floating plate design for the little finger (left hand) cluster, this aids faster movement once players have become more proficient.
An adjustable thumb rest allows a more natural and comfortable hand position to be achieved. A sling ring also provides the opportunity to make the instrument even lighter with the use of the provided sling or harness.
- Model: JP042G, JP042V, JP042R, JP042BG, JP042S, JP042BS
- Key: Bb
- Material: Brass
- Mechanism: Full Keywork
- Finish: Gold Lacquer + keywork (JP042G)
- Finish: Vintage + keywork (JP042V)
- Finish: Rose Brass + keywork (JP042R)
- Finish: Black with Gold keywork (JP042BG)
- Finish: Silver Plated + keywork (JP042S)
- Finish: Black with Silver keywotk (JP042S)
- Mouthpiece: JP
- Lyre Box: Yes
- Instrument Weight: 3.74Kg (8lb 4oz)
- Weight with case: 8.42Kg (18lb 9oz)
- Box Dimensions: 90x25x38cm (35x10x15in)
- Boxed weight: 10.08Kg (22lb 4oz
The appearance of the JP042 has been enhanced with engraving, abalone pearls and a range of modern finishes.